Benefits of Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane juice contains natural energy that supplies glucose to the body When energy is burned by the muscles that contain more vital nutrients & minerals.
Sugarcane is a tropical, perennial grass that forms from lateral shoots at the base to produce multiple stems, This crop is more sensitive to irrigation, fertilizers, insects, climate, soil type, disease control, and the harvest period. The average yield of sugar cane stalk is almost 60–70 tonnes per hectare for one year. However, this may vary between 30 to 180 tonnes per hectare depending on crop management used in this cultivation. This cultivation requires a tropical or subtropical climate. Traditionally, sugarcane processing requires two stages.
- One is Milling: Sugarcane processing produces cane sugar (sucrose) from sugarcane. Other products of the processing include bagasse, molasses, and filter cake.
- The second one is Sugar refining further purifies the raw sugar. It is first mixed with heavy syrup and then centrifuged in a process called “affination”. Its purpose is to wash away the sugar crystals’ outer coating, which is less pure than the crystal interior.
Amazing Benefits of Sugar cane Juice are as follows :
- Helps in Digestion
- Beneficial For The Bones and Teeth
- Prevents Bad Breath and Tooth Decay
- Prevents Ageing
- Helps in Preventing Cancer
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Helpful in Enhancing The Immunity
- Helps in Treating Acidity
- Good For The Nails
- Treating Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Helps Getting Rid of Toxins
- Relieves Stress
- Helpful For Cardiovascular Health
- Increasing Muscle Power
Also, read the Amazing Benefits of Butterfly pea Flower
How Sugarcane Juice is prepared?
Sugarcane, cut into strips – 3 cups
Water – 1 cup or as needed
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Lemon (optional) – 1/2
- Cut the sugarcane into roughly 5inch pieces and peel off with the help of the knife.
- Again cut down into thin strips and small sticks.
- Now in a blender add little water and blend well.
- Transfer to a large metal strainer over a bowl. Squeeze off the juice with hands.
- Filter and add a few drops of Lemon as needed. Enjoy.
Nutritional Value of Sugarcane Juice
Nutritional value per 30 grams
- Carbohydrates 27.37 g
- Protein – 0.9 g
- Niacin – 0.19 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.15 mg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.08 mg
- Potassium – 167.80 mg
- Calcium – 33.01 mg
- Phosphorus – 0.03 mg
- Magnesium – 2.59 mg
- Iron – 0.54 mg
- Manganese – 0.08 mg
- Copper – 0.08 mg
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice as a medicine
- Sugarcane juice cures a sore throat, cold and flu.
- In the case of the diabetic person, only a cautious amount can be consumed. Sugarcane juice is safe when compared with aerated drinks and packaged juices. However, Type 2 diabetes can consume like chewing a few pieces instead of drinking the juice.
- It lowers cholesterol – both LDL and triglycerides.
- This juice contains natural energy that supplies glucose to the body When energy is burned by the muscles.
- Reduces body heat and helps to improves performances in athletes and manual laborers.
- It’s recommended for fevers which bring down high body temperatures.
- This juice helps in recovery from jaundice and maintains the glucose levels
- It is a good thirst quencher that always keeps the body hydrated. It can be consumed during summers instead of aerated drinks and packaged Juices.
- Because of its high potassium content, It helps in digestion problems and also helps in constipation.
Other than sucrose, It has a wide range of compounds that helps in wound healing properties and also strengthens the immune system.
- Regular intake of sugarcane juice strengthens the stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain and sex organs.
Sugarcane juice can be applied on the face helps to treat acne because it contains glycolic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid that helps in increasing cell turnover.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice After Workout or walking or Excercise?
Yes, you can. Because it gives instant energy to the body. It also enables you to shed extra kilos because it has a high content of soluble fibers and it also reduces bad cholesterol from the body. This natural drink helps in replenishing the lost minerals and vitamins after a strenuous workout. And in the case of a diabetic as mentioned above only the recommended amount and Type 2 diabetic can prefer some other refreshing drink instead of this juice.
How Long Can Sugarcane Juice Be Stored?
Freshly made juice should be consumed within half an hour and in the refrigerator only for a few hours or else it will get spoiled easily. And for any Refreshing drink, you should consume immediately when you prepare that is only healthy.
Side-effects of Sugarcane Juice
Anything we eat or drink in a limit is good for our health. Similarly, Sugarcane juice is also to be consumed in a moderate amount. If consumed more than the recommended amount may show some adverse effects such as Stomach Troubles, Obesity, Insomnia, Blood Thinning Properties, Bad for Diabetic Patients, Dental Drawbacks.