Benefits of Stevia Rebaudiana
Stevia Sugar is sweeter than normal sugar.
It can be used as a sugar substitute which has no carbohydrates, calories, or artificial ingredient.
The other Names of Stevia are honey leaf plant, sweet chrysanthemum, Candy leaf, sweetleaf, sugar leaf.
They are also called Sarkarai Tulasi, or seeni Tulasi in Tamil.
Stevia Plant Uses & its health benefits :
- Control of diabetes
- Regulates Blood Pressure
- Improves Energy levels
- Treats Chronic Fatigue
- Strength Immune System
- Helps to avoid addiction with tobacco, alcohol
- Prevent cavities and Gingivitis
- Beneficial in weight loss
- Treat eczema and dermatitis
- Also helps to decreased triglycerides and increased HDL (good) cholesterol levels
Nutritional Facts of Stevia
As per Openfoodfacts, Nutritional Value of Stevia For 100 gm
- Energy – 24.7 Cal
- Erythritol – 98.4 gm
- Sodium – 1.1 mg
- Carbohydrates – 0 gm
- sugar – 0 gm
- Protein – 0 gm
- Fat – 0 gm
- Calorie – 0 gm
Benefits of Stevia Vs Sugar
- Since it has zero calories compared with sugar which may help in weight loss.
- Helps people in diabetic because comparing with sugar, it is 200 times sweeter
- Suppress appetite
- Reduces the Glycemic Index (GI) of foods
- Natural sources of sweetness like fruits
How to make stevia sweeteners?
- Take some dry leaves that should be steeped in water
- Filter the leaves out of water
- Organic matters are removed by treating with carbon.
- The liquid undergoes an ion-exchange treatment to remove minerals and metals.
How to Grow Stevia Plant?
- Stevia plants are sold as cuttings and you can buy from a nursery
- This herb grows best in cooler summer weather conditions with strong sunlight.
- Stevia grows well in pots with one to two plants to a pot.
- These plants display crisp white flowers.
- Stevia typically blooms in early to mid-autumn.
- Morning is the best time to harvest the Stevia Leaves.
- Reaches approximately 2 feet high at maturity
Stevia Plant Side Effects
Some of the stevia products contain added sugar alcohol.
Also, these are sensitive to chemicals that may cause some of the problems such as:
- Endocrine disruption
- Low blood pressure
- Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar
- Allergic reaction
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Kidney damage
Benefits of Stevia Drops
- Stevia leaves are the healthiest, calorie-free, natural substitute of sugar.
- In addition to keeping your blood sugar in check, similarly, it will also boost overall health.
- Easily use this in tea, coffee, smoothies, cakes, protein shakes, or any recipe that requires sweetening.
- With a transparent complexion and delicious taste, it fits well into everyone’s lifestyle.
It can be bought from amazon