Benefits of Avocado
Avocados are flooded with many benefits. Here are some of the topmost benefits of avocado that one should know. Avocados have more potassium than bananas.
Avocados (alligator pears) are a pear-shaped stone fruit with a rich, creamy texture that grows in warm climates. Also, known as an “Alligator pears” is a name given mainly due to their shape and the leathery appearance of their skin or butter fruit. Avocado is the only fruit that has a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
Why is avocado good for you?
Avocados are naturally nutrient-dense food and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. This article helps you in what way the Avocado fruit is helpful to you and let us see the various health benefits and its nutritional content.
- Help to decrease the risk of obesity
- May Improve Cardiovascular Health
- Improves Vision
- Relieves Arthritis Pain
- Enhance liver health
- Anticancer Potential & Antioxidant Properties
- Anti-Aging Properties
- Strengthens Bones
- Improves Cognitive Function
- Helps in Diabetes
- May help to boost heart health and avoid heart disease,
- Promotes a healthy complexion for hair
- Improve digestion
- And helps in weight management
- Maintains blood glucose levels
Also read : Benefits of Turmeric
Nutritional Value of Avocado
Here are the nutritional facts of avocado (Source)
- Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
- Energy – 670 kJ (160 kcal)
- Carbohydrates – 8.53 g
- Sugars – 0.66 g
- Dietary fiber – 6.7 g
- Fat – 14.66 g
- Saturated – 2.13 g
- Monounsaturated – 9.80 g
- Polyunsaturated – 1.82 g
- Protein – 2 g
- Vitamin A – 7 μg
- Beta-Carotene – 62 μg
- lutein zeaxanthin – 271 μg
- Thiamine (B1) – 0.067 mg
- Riboflavin (B2) – 0.13 mg
- Niacin (B3) – 1.738 mg
- Pantothenic acid (B5) – 1.389 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.257 mg
- Folate (B9) – 81 μg
- Vitamin C – 10 mg
- Calcium – 12 mg
- Vitamin K – 21 μg
- Iron – 0.55 mg
- Vitamin E – 2.07 mg
- Magnesium – 29 mg
- Manganese – 0.142 mg
- Phosphorus – 52 mg
- Potassium – 485 mg
- Sodium – 7 mg
- Zinc – 0.64 mg
- Water – 73.23 g
- Fluoride – 7 µg
- Beta-sitosterol – 76 mg
Amazing benefits of Avocado oil and its benefits for skin
Avocado oil is a great tool for cooking flavorful and healthy meals.
It’s an excellent source of
- Essential fatty acids
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamins A, D, and E.
It can help the skin in many ways some of them are listed below:
- Relieves inflammation from psoriasis and eczema
- Prevents and treats acne
- Treats sunburned skin
- Improves nail health
- Replenish dry skin
- Reduces signs of aging
- Accelerates wound healing
- Hydrate and moisturize the skin
- Calms itchy skin
- Heal chapped skin
- Protects skin from ultraviolet radiation
- Protect from skin damage
Uses of Avocado Seeds
- Avocado seeds have bactericidal and fungicidal properties.
- They can neutralize different harmful microorganisms.
- Seeds contain saponins that boost our metabolism.
- Help our body get rid of “bad” cholesterol.
- It has calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
How to prepare Avocado seeds
Take an avocado seed and just peel the brown skin off and make the seed dry.
Use a grater to grate the skin, then put it in the oven and bake it for about an hour at a low temperature.
After that, you can bake it without grating it (for about 2 hours), then peel the skin, and grate the pit’s pulp. It’s not recommended to eat fresh seeds.
It’s highly recommended to use avocado seeds as a cosmetic product or a food supplement.
How Avocado helps hair
Early back Egypt people used this fruit to prevent hair loss and as a natural moisturizer. For example, you can make Avocado oil mask, Egg Yolk Hair Mask, Honey Mask, etc.
- Avocado moisturizes hair
- Encourages hair to grow
- Protects against damage and dryness
- Revitalizes ravaged hair
- Improves hair shine
Benefits of Avocado during pregnancy
A Few Amazing health benefits of eating avocado while pregnancy are
- Best Source of Folic Acid
- Provides a Healthy Supply of Vitamins
- Provides Relief From Leg Cramps
- Aids Development Of The Baby’s Brain
- Assists Nutrient Absorption
- Reduces Weight Gain Risks
- Provides Important Minerals
- Maintain Cholesterol and Sugar Levels in the body
Avocado Benefits for Weightloss
Avocados are high in fat and fiber, they can help you feel more satisfied. Also, avocados keep you feeling full for longer. Although avocados are healthy, they are also high in calories.
Also, people who eat avocados tend to be healthier and weigh less than people who don’t.
Above all avocados may even help prevent weight gain. Inconclusion this causes you to feel full for longer and can mean you end up going longer between meals, potentially even eating fewer calories overall.
Also Read : Top Benefits of Ginger or Ginger roots